Monday, October 6, 2008

My Best Resource for Easy, Cheap Tips


I'd love to say that I know everything there is to know about gardening. Heck, I'd love to say that I know one-third of everything there is to know about gardening! But, having only been gardening for less than 5 years, it's apparent that I have a lot of catching up to do before declaring myself a seasoned gardener.

I like to spend the winter months researching and reading about gardening. It's hard to know where to start though, given that there are hundreds of thousands of books, magazines and other materials all aimed at teaching the unlearned-gardener how to grow vegetables, flowers and herbs! And honestly, a lot of the sources that I've read make gardening sound complicated and very expensive.

However, I have found a magazine that actually makes gardening sound easy and affordable! Are you ready for my money-saving, knowledge-increasing all-time favorite magazine subscription? (Sorry...didn't mean to get carried away there!)

We subscribe to Backyard Living and it costs us about $13.00 for a 2-year subscription (12 issues). They have such great penny-pinching ideas though, that it makes the subscription worthwhile. Backyard Living features sections like: Yard Smarts that Work, The Frugal Gardener (my husband really likes that section!), Budget Backyard Makeover and other articles that can truly benefit the novice gardener.

So anyway, that's my big tip! If you are interested in reading through a copy of Backyard Living, leave a comment with your e-mail address and I can sign you up to receive 1 free issue.

Want to share some of your favorite gardening references and know-how? Comments are most welcome!

No comments: