Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WFMW: Cheap Snack Containers


The idea I have is very simple and I’m certain I am not the first one to think of this:

I babysit small children, including some that are still eating baby food. When I am finished feeding the kids, I like to keep the plastic containers that their food comes in (e.g. Gerber’s 1st Foods, etc.) They make great snack containers for when I am packing my husband’s lunch. Some foods that these containers work well for include: nuts, cheezits and small candy. Since they are reusable, it saves me from having to use Ziploc bags each time. And the containers are compact enough that they fit easily into the smallest of lunch boxes.

I also use these small containers to organize our junk drawer in the kitchen. They are perfect for holding screws, beads, thumbtacks etc. Upon opening the drawer, I can see at a glance where everything is!

The list of ideas for using these small containers is endless…and that works for me!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

That is a great idea for the jars. I used some of them for my daughters hair things to keep them seperated and organized. But I like the idea for using them for lunches too! Thanks for sharing.

Dana M said...

Thanks! I'm glad you liked my idea. I'm always trying to find different ways for re-purposing items.

Thanks for reading! :)