Friday, October 3, 2008

Food Friday: Pumpkin Bread

I can't believe it's October already! But I'm glad - Fall is my favorite time of the year! This month, I am going to share my favorite recipes that include pumpkin, starting with my pumpkin bread recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
3 cups canned pumpkin puree
1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 cups white sugar
6 eggs
4-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves

Optional Ingredients: Add raisins, mini chocolate chips, pecans or walnuts.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease and flour three 9x5-inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended.

Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.

Bake in preheated oven for 45-minutes to 1-hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.

No comments: