Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WFMW: Free (Almost New) Books!


My husband and I love to read! Unfortunately, affording to buy brand-new books from the book store has been one of the things we’ve had to sacrifice since we’ve started cutting back on our budget.

Thankfully, we’ve discovered paperbackswap.com. It allows us to post books to their website that we no longer want and swap them for ones we do want. It’s free to sign up and to swap books. (NOTE: You do have to pay for shipping when someone requests one of your books, but you do not have to pay shipping costs when someone mails a book to you.)

Additionally, they have sister sites that apply the same concept to swapping CDs and DVDs.

This has been a great way for us to save money…and that always works for me!

5 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

I discovered paperback swap a little bit ago and it is a great resource, if you know how to use it! I was dumb and put all this big books on it and ended up paying so much in S & H! I've learned my lesson! :)

It's nice to "meet" you!

Dana M said...

We were so glad to find paperbackswap! We've definitely saved a lot of money that way, and the books we've gotten (with the exception of just a few) are in really, really good condition! So, in a way, it's like we ARE getting brand new books!

I just couldn't keep the secret to myself! Hahaha!

Laura said...

PBS is great! There is also CD Swap and DVD Swap as well. Yay!

Genny said...

Never heard of it! I love to read too, so thanks for the great tip!

mub said...

You might like BookMooch too! I use it since it's international and PBS isn't.